Riverside Research is seeking a senior dynamic, strategic, operational, and growth focused Trusted and Resilient Systems Lab Director to lead a team of 5 performing research and development focused on providing solutions to the Defense and Intelligence Communities. As a key member of our Open Innovation Center, the Director will pursue and grow opportunities with government research organizations (e.g. DARPA, IARPA, service labs, etc.), lead our corporate-wide Independent Research & Development (IR&D) efforts in trusted systems, manage existing R&D contracts, and transition technology into our other business units. The Director will manage team members located in the Dayton OH, office location while reporting to the Executive Director of the Open Innovation Center Business Unit.
All Riverside Research opportunities require US citizenship.
Responsibilities of the Trusted & Resilient Systems Lab Director include but are not limited to:
• Provide technical direction, leadership, and management oversight for our corporate-wide IR&D efforts in trusted systems. This includes developing project roadmaps based on internal and external customer needs, science and technology trends, and overall corporate strategic plans.
• Foster and participate in a collaborative environment for multidisciplinary research and development
• Pursue and grow business with government research organizations including DARPA, IARPA, and service labs. This requires developing relationships with the technical staff at these organizations, clearly communicating Riverside Research's unique technical value proposition, and directing the preparation of proposals, white papers, demos, and presentations.
• Supervise, manage, and mentor team members
• Provide project management support for customer funded research and development efforts and help to define and implement long-term strategy and vision for the group
• Assist in developing financial strategy, revenue projections, and oversight of overhead/travel budgets for the group
Riverside has created a collaborative culture that stands apart from their competitors. With a strong business base, forward-looking vantage point, and growing internal R&D capabilities, the Trusted & Resilient Systems Lab Director will be strongly positioned to grow his/her enterprise.
• A minimum of Bachelor's degree in related field (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering) and several years of relevant experience required with strong preference for PhD degree.
• Specific experience identifying, capturing, and winning relevant new business with US Government research organizations
• Ability to lead and direct research in state of art trusted systems including:
o Secure computation, cryptography, and assured computing
o Adversarial AI – methods to attack/protect AI/ML algorithms
o Side channel analysis/attack
o Embedded system security and vulnerabilities
• Demonstrated understanding of program management processes and ability to prioritize multiple, concurrent tasks with minimal supervision
• An established professional reputation for excellence in customer support and program execution
• Collaborative leader with the highest integrity and moral compass
• Sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high-end government research and services company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients
• Ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI security clearance. Those with active TS/SCI clearance preferred
• Other duties as assigned
• Direct experience obtaining research funding from DARPA or similar US Government research and development organizations. Experience with multiple agencies is highly desirable.
• Prior experience as DARPA/IARPA program manager or performer
• Experience in managing diverse teams/programs in multiple locations
Riverside Research strives to be one of America's premier providers of independent, trusted technical and scientific expertise. As we continue to add experienced, technically astute staff, we are looking for highly motivated, talented team members that can help our DoD and Intelligence Community (IC) customers continue delivery of world class programs. As a not-for-profit, technology-oriented Defense Company, we believe service to customers and support of our staff is our mission. Our goal is to serve as a destination company by providing an industry-leading, positive, and rewarding employee experience for all who join us. We aspire to be a valued partner to our customers and to earn their trust through our unwavering commitment to achieve timely, innovative, cost-effective and mission-focused solutions.
All positions at Riverside Research are subject to background investigations. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history and identity check.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability, and requires affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a). This regulation prohibits discrimination against qualified protected veterans, and requires affirmative action by covered contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans.
Apply on company website