If you are a current employee, please STOP and apply through the Careers Application in WorkdayJob Description Summary: Join us as a Sales Representative for Republic National Distributing Company on our North Sound On/Off premise Fine Wine Sales Team. As a Sales Rep in The Estates Group, you maximize the sale of supplier brands to high image wine accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
We provide high-touch, consultative selling - associated with a smaller, boutique wine distributor - with the logistical advantages of a large wholesale company. In this role you will maximize the sale of supplier brands to accounts through effective account management, selling execution, and communication resulting in the achievement of company and supplier objectives.
WA: Bellingham Anacortes Whidbey San Juan Islands Whidbey Island Job Description:
Plan time and activities to ensure achievement of company and supplier established goals and sales objectives within assigned accounts by:
- Effectively executing distribution and volume through various qualitative drivers – distribution, wine lists, promotions, banquets, special events, and other opportunities.
- Conducting staff training and education in all assigned accounts.
- Identifying opportunities, developing and implementing ‘Account Action Plans'.
- Developing monthly, weekly, and daily written plans for execution in conjunction with Sales Reps, and District Managers.
- Creating customer business building concepts to increase brand share and volume.
- Working collaboratively with supplier personnel to develop product knowledge, assist with presentations and activate account action plans.
- Working collaboratively with the entire sales team: Sales Representatives, Sales Associates, and Merchandisers.
Obtain quotas and revenue growth by:
- Selling concepts and consulting with the customer on strategies that will collectively enhance both business models.
- Building relationships and an effective partnership with the ultimate decision maker in assigned accounts.
- Utilizing pricing and promotion strategies, marketing opportunities, servicing, merchandising and category management skills.
Serve as information resources for, and conduits between, the field and the company's management by:
- Communicating issues, opportunities and market intelligence through effective written, electronic and verbal means.
- 2-years of sales experience.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, analytical and objection handling skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Prior experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office environment.
- Proven abilities to develop selling strategies targeted to enhance wine sales within an account.
- Proven track record of successful selling.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Valid driver's license, reliable vehicle, and clean DMV record.
- 2+ yeas of wine industry experience.
- Industry certifications to include: CSW, CSS, WSET, Court of Master Sommeliers, Sake Specialist.
- Understanding of SalesForce.com, Diver and other sales business platforms.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or equivalent.
- Proficiency across the Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong understanding of beverage alcohol industry acumen.
- Knowledge of specific customer's business operations and ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the organization's products and services to each.
- Knowledge of, and ability to utilize, customer profile and information.
- Knowledge of specific products and associated development process and strategy.
- Key attributes: entrepreneurial self-starter, ambitious personal.
The pay for this role is $35,000 per year plus monthly commissions and bonus. The typical pay range for this role is $51,000 to $83,700. Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
RNDC offers a complete Benefits Package including access to: Medical, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account, and 401k.
New hires will accrue 80 vacation hours per year as well as 7 holidays per year (after one year 8). Associates accrue paid sick time at one hour per 40 hours worked. RNDC complies with all state and local laws where applicable.
RNDC has sold fine wines since the end of Prohibition. Our long history and emphasis in the wine business can be attributed to our family roots; focused on family-owned wineries that share many of the same values and goals. Our robust portfolio of fine wines spans the world's most prestigious wine-making regions, from Australia to Chile to the Rhone Valley of France. We believe that the wine business is a people business, and with each wine there is a story, a wine maker and a sales team that delivers on each and every bottle. We are dedicated to providing our customers valuable fine wine expertise and since 2000, this experience has been located within the Estates Group. Starting as a small group of wine-knowledgeable individuals, the Estates Group has quickly grown to a team of over 125 of the industry's top wine professionals. We are dedicated to delivering best in class service and value to our customers. The Estates Group offers the unique services required by fine wine suppliers, wineries, and customers.
Enjoy a career with us!
Apply on company website