At Roush, you are part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Roush has an immediate opening for an Automotive Mechanic / Technician that wants to work with cutting edge technology. ROUSH Prototype does work on experimental vehicle builds built with brand new parts. We have a large multi-hoist garage in a clean, indoor shop environment. This position is located in Allen Park, MI.
As an Automotive Mechanic / Technician, you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components
- Complying with state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards
- Maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs.
- Keeping shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs
- Containing costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications
- Other duties as assigned
To be considered as an Automotive Mechanic / Technician, you will need:
- A High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of automotive mechanic / technician experience or equivalent military experience
- Your own tools with rolling toolbox
- Well-rounded mechanical experience
- Good organizational skills and be able to pay close attention to detail
- To possess the skills to read, comprehend, and execute written procedures
- To be an automotive mechanic / technician that is a self-starter, self-motivated and willing to learn
- To have reliable attendance and be willing to work overtime/weekends
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- State/ASE certifications
- Experience with electrical systems
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://roush.applytojob.com
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at 734-779-7087.
Apply on company website