The Rubicon Project is looking for a Senior or Lead Software Development Engineer to join our growing team of enthusiastic engineers on our core ad-serving system. This is a great opportunity for a Mid-Level Engineer looking to move up to a Sr. level role or a Sr. level engineer to move up and start gaining some hands on tech leadership skills and grow their career.
Every day, as a company we serve 150+ billions of ads, process large Petabytes of data and provide valuable data and insights to our publishers and buyers. Every month our systems are used by 200+ million people around the world. You will be working hands-on and leading a team that is focused on the architecture of, and process innovation around, the application at the forefront of this real-time processing.
We want someone who is unafraid to take responsibility, and is passionate, fast and detail-oriented in their work. You will spend roughly half the time technically hands-on, and the other half on designing, coaching and planning with the leadership team and the engineers on your own team. If this sounds like you, or the engineer you want to be, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Be an end-to-end owner of mission-critical systems, making sure our customers' needs are met.
- Translate business requirements into technical designs and project plans.
- Write production-ready code and unit tests that meet both system and business requirements.
- Respond to feature requests, bug reports, performance issues and ad-hoc questions.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to deliver quality software.
- Support operation of services in production
Technical experience we are looking for:
- 5-8 years' production coding experience in C++.
- Experience building and operating large-scale, high-traffic enterprise server applications..
- 2+ years' experience in the advertising industry is a huge plus
- 2+ years' production coding experience in Perl (Bash scripting is a plus).
- Expertise programming SQL queries and stored procedures (MySQL is a plus).
- Experience working in a Linux environment.
- Familiarity with the HTTP protocol including headers.
- Familiarity with C/C++ networking libraries.
- Minimum of B.S. in CS/EE, Math, Physics or a related science required.
What's in it for you:
- Career growth opportunities: We encourage you to carve your own path across the organization and provide opportunities to grow professionally
- Hungry?: Each Rubicon Project office offers free daily lunches daily and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy snacks.
- Take time for yourself: We offer an unlimited vacation policy and encourage you to refresh yourself as you need. We also close down the last two weeks of the year for a paid Holiday Break.
- 401k Match: We offer an unique 401K match program with a variety of tax break benefits
- Stay healthy: Choose from a variety of low cost medical, dental and vision plans to cover you and your loved ones with a multitude of options. In addition, we offer Basic Life and Disability Coverage provided at no cost to you
- Perks: Discounts to major name brand items, Travel benefit options, plus much more!
Apply on company website