Commercial Front Load Drivers are responsible for safely operating a front-loading truck and providing superior customer service to assigned routes through the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site, transfer station, or recycling plant. Drivers dump front load containers using hydraulic truck forks, but may be required to pull or push containers from enclosures or inside buildings. Drivers navigate congested streets, confined alleyways, and high traffic areas all while ensuring his or her vehicle remains in compliance with state and federal regulations, as well as company standards. Commercial Front Load Drivers services 100-150 commercial customers per day, requiring the driver to enter and exit the truck 300-500 times per day.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspection of vehicle, documenting and reporting any mechanical or safety issues.
- Operates vehicle in a safe manner in compliance with OSHA and DOT requirements, all local, state, and federal laws, and Rumpke policies.
- Courteously interacts with customers, both internal and external, ensuring customers are serviced in a professional and timely manner.
- Completely dumps all containers, leaving area free of debris.
- Reports service issues, such as blocked alleyways, over-weight containers, safety hazards, or impassable streets, to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Reports any necessary container repairs or replacements to Route Manager or Dispatcher.
- Immediately notifies Route Manager of any accidents, injuries, or property damage.
- Works with Route Manager and Route Auditors to improve route efficiencies.
- Maintains and updates route sheets and driver logs.
- Clears waste from packer blade and truck body on each trip to disposal site or recycling facility.
- Attends scheduled safety meetings, information sessions, and trainings as directed by Route Manager.
- Performs other duties assigned by Route Manager possibly including assisting on other routes to meet customer needs.
Knowledge and Skills
- Customer service oriented with desire to meet and exceed expectations.
- Professional, courteous, and trustworthy while maintaining a sense of pride in work.
- Time management skills to ensure duties are completed in a safe and efficient manner.
- Willingness to adhere to Rumpke polices and safety standards.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and perform physical requirements including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- 21 years of age
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
- Currently hold a Class A or Class B Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
- Currently hold a valid DOT Medical Card or can obtain prior to hire
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Licenses & Certifications
- Commercial Drivers Lic
Apply on company website