Delivery Drivers are responsible for the delivery and/or removal of waste or recycling carts and/or bins to customers. This position routinely requires physical exertion (lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling carts and/or bins) and entering/exiting the truck. Delivery Drivers must be able to safely operate the vehicle, as well as provide courteous service to customers. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operate truck and perform job duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Perform delivery and/or removal of waste or recycling carts and/or bins to customers.
- Complete proper documentation on deliveries and removals.
- Maintain and update work orders.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- May assist in other projects or areas as needed.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to drive truck with a manual transmission.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license, Class B CDL desired.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste possible.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website