Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Assist management with the daily activities of maintenance technicians.
- Assist management in conducting maintenance technician observations.
- Monitor and enforce quality and safety standards, and ensure all compliance goals are met or exceeded.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized by employees, as well as compliance with Lock- Out/Tag-Out procedures is adhered to consistently.
- Provide assistance, guidance and training to less experienced maintenance technicians.
- Ensure completion of daily work, and ensure all productivity goals are met or exceeded.
- Maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair duties as assigned.
- Perform fabrication and repair on conveyors and component parts as necessary.
- Makes necessary repairs and adjustments to Industrial Balers, Disk Screeners and other Plant equipment.
- Works without supervision on complex projects and repairs.
- Input of data into company maintenance and inventory tracking system.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in the industrial maintenance field.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs to control wiring.
- Experience with AB and Siemens PLC systems and motor control panels.
- Conveyor experience required.
- Experience troubleshooting and replacing gearboxes, motors and integral gear motor drive systems from 1-50 HP, 120 to 480 volts.
- Excellent electromechanical aptitudes with the ability to trouble shoot complex systems and components.
- Ability to read and interpret Electrical and Hydraulic schematics.
- Experience with and knowledge of Falk, Quick Flex and Love joy coupler systems.
- Ability to use various type welders, torches and plasma cutter for steel fabrication and repairs.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in order to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Familiar with use of personal computer.
- Be able to work in severe environmental conditions.
- Experienced using industrial safety practices including LOTO, Hot Work Permits and other OSHA safety standards.
- Ability to acquire Fork-lift and Mobile Crane operator certificates.
- Ability to pass pre-employment testing including drug test.
- Must qualify for Group “B” driving status under the Rumpke Non-Commercial Driving Policy.
- On call 24 – 7 for emergencies and able to work overtime to include weekends and holidays to support production requirements.
- Ability to travel to other market facilities as needed.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license, CDL preferred.
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a Recycling facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste possible.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website