Inside Sales Representatives are responsible for receiving and processing calls from commercial customers and serve as the point of contact for these customers. This position uses problem solving skills on a daily basis to resolve customer inquiries and maintain strong customer relationships. The hours and level of responsibility may vary by location.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Perform tasks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Support Outside Sales Representatives in achieving their new business goals.
- Offer, quote, and close prospective customer sales using knowledge of products and services that Rumpke offers.
- Acquire new revenue growth by handling inbound new business calls for permanent commercial and industrial customers.
- Effectively negotiate to retain customers from in-bound calls related to lost business due to competitive reasons. Contact the appropriate sales representative if the customer cannot be retained.
- Respond to all increases and decreases in service, change of ownership and other miscellaneous service changes that affect revenue.
- Negotiate with all customers to retain the relationship during pricing initiatives.
- Provide customers with assistance regarding billing issues/questions.
- Respond to inbound temporary roll off calls which are not managed by a Construction Sales Representative.
- Provide administrative support to Sales Representatives.
- Process paperwork, complete credit applications, process credit payments, complete short orders, provide delivery instructions, etc.
- Assist with mailing campaigns.
- Communicate and coordinate with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed stops, and other customer-related issues.
- Distribute leads to others within the sales organization.
- Update and secure Customer Service Agreements.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of Rumpke's available services, lines of business, pricing, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications; AS400, and Lotus Notes applications experience, a plus.
- Must possess excellent customer service and data entry skills.
- General knowledge of office functions.
- Must work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team.
- Able to meet deadlines and complete assignments within stated time frames.
- Be able to present and maintain a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Ability to work occasional overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in Inside Sales, Sales Support, Administrative Assistance, or similar experience.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website