Inventory Specialists are responsible for ensuring the availability of parts for the maintenance department in a cost effective manner while maintaining compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies and procedures. This position maintains records on a computerized system and is responsible for the inventory of parts and equipment. This position routinely requires moderate physical exertion and may require lifting up to 75 pounds. The hours and physical demand may vary by location. Maintains proper inventory to ensure mechanics' demands are met in the most efficient manor possible.
- Maintains a professional work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Completes inventory information and presents it to management for efficient decision making which may involve restocking.
- Establish and control stocking levels for parts and equipment through a computerized inventory system.
- Works directly with management to bring them up to date regarding stock inflow and outflow.
- Performs weekly cycle counts and conducts physical inventory audits.
- Maintains accurate records of inventory levels, audits, counts and adjustments.
- Investigates and reconciles inventory reports.
- Prepares purchase orders for purchases of parts and equipment.
- Issues necessary replacement parts to mechanics relieving the part from inventory to repair orders.
- Maintains records on inventory levels.
- Requisitions all stock parts for inventory by using the computerized requisition report to maintain consistent purchasing practices.
- Receives and unpacks parts by verifying accuracy of shipment from vendor, parts numbers, quantities and pricing.
- Receive, tag, stock, and disburse parts to technicians according to policy and procedure.
- Prepare purchase orders for purchases of parts and equipment.
- Assist in loading and unloading of parts delivery vehicles.
- Prepares and processes warranty claims.
- Returns parts and cores according to policy and procedure and track credits.
- Maintains fuel levels through balancing fuel inventory and purchasing fuel.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of the stock room; performs routine housekeeping duties in the parts room, shop and work area.
- Maintains and keeps current Material Safety Data Sheets and SDS log.
- May assist in other areas of the vehicle maintenance shop as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively utilize parts manuals and manufacturers build sheets.
- Possesses a solid understanding of inventory-related best practices.
- Strong organizational skills; detail oriented.
- Computer proficiency with good data entry skills.
- Self motivated; capable of working independently
- Ability to routinely lift weights of 75 lbs.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, sitting. lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, and climbing).
- Basic knowledge of vehicle parts, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in vehicle parts or equipment supply.
- Minimum 2 years' heavy-duty truck parts experience preferred.
- Must have High School diploma or GED.
- Possesses intermediate Microsoft Office skills: Outlook, Excel (including statistics and pivot tables a plus), Access & Work.
- A minimum of 2 years office experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Office and/or maintenance shop environment.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website