Maintenance Laborers are responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in the maintenance department and assisting technicians with minor maintenance and repair. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Performs all duties assigned in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Performs general housekeeping in the maintenance department and surrounding areas to maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Maintains supplies needed for cleaning.
- Performs safe driving practices while driving to vendor locations to pick-up parts.
- Performs sanding, scraping, painting, placing stickers, and minor repair work on company containers and other equipment.
- Installs lids and wheels on containers.
- Professionally interacts with internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Utilizes standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment. .
- Assists with preventive maintenance service to grease, oil and lubricate components as instructed.
- Assists technicians to check, fill, and/or change appropriate fluids for all equipment parts and check/change filters.
- May assist in other projects or areas of the shop as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid driver's license.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website