Line Leads assist the recycling supervisor/manager with the daily activities and performance of the sort line laborer staff. This position provides leadership in directing the production and safety of the sorting line. The Line Lead will assure the quality of material being processed. Line Leads may be exposed to unpleasant odors and sights and weather elements. The hours and physical demand may vary by location
- Perform duties in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Ensure all safety and compliance standards are met or exceeded.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized by line employees, as well as compliance with Lock- Out/Tag-Out procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Inspect materials and sort items or materials into designated areas according to type, size, condition, color, or paper grade.
- Perform cleaning duties related to plant equipment and general housekeeping.
- Dump boxed and containers of material into designated area(s).
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment.
- Coordinate the flow of product for the recycling operation and ensure quality control.
- Monitor and advise supervisor/manager of policy or procedure violations.
- Direct employees in completion of work.
- Train or assist in training new employees.
- Continuously monitor equipment to ensure proper operation and minimum down time.
- Report system problems immediately to management.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and surrounding area.
- Maintain an excellent attendance record and an excellent safety and work quality record.
- Load and/or unload tractor trailers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply on company website