Weld Shop Laborers are responsible for performing general housekeeping duties in the weld shop department and assisting welders with minor maintenance and repair of containers. This position routinely requires moderate to extreme physical exertion and may require prolonged standing, bending, kneeling, squatting, and working in awkward positions. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
- Perform all duties assigned in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Perform general housekeeping in the weld shop and surrounding areas to maintain a clean, safe work area in compliance with Company and OSHA standards.
- Maintain supplies needed for cleaning.
- Perform safe driving/operating practices while operating small equipment.
- Perform sanding, scraping, painting, placing stickers and minor repair work on company containers and other equipment.
- Install lids and wheels on containers.
- Wash and prepare containers for welding and/or painting.
- Act as fire-watch for welders as needed.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, and management.
- Utilize standard shop hand tools, measuring devices, and equipment. .
- May assist in other projects or areas of the shop as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, lifting, pushing, pulling, squatting, bending, kneeling, climbing and working in awkward positions and tight areas).
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Self-starter, aggressive work ethic and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety conscious.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website