Machinists use a variety of equipment to perform routine machining procedures from prints, sketches, and sample pieces.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform routine machining procedures on a variety of machines
- Machine from prints, sketches, and sample pieces
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience operating the following machines:
- Vertical Mill
- Horizontal Mill
- Drill Press
- Band Saw
- Engine Lathe
- Experience using the following machining tools:
- Micrometers - ID and OD
- Calipers - Digital, Dial, Vermer
- Thread Measuring Wires to Thread Diameter
- Thread/Pitch Gage
- Ability to use Machinist Handbook to determine proper thread sizes
- Ability to measure existing parts to machine new
- Ability to perform own machining set-ups using blocks, jigs, fixtures, etc.
- Ability to select appropriate tooling to complete machining duties
- Minimum one year experience in operating engine lathes, vertical mills, saw and drill press.
- Ability to machine parts from prints and sample pieces
- Ability to chase threads
Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair shop environment
Exposure to the elements
- Medium to heavy physical effort, routinely lifting weights exceeding 75 pounds
- Performs work in awkward positions
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website