The Maintenance Trainer is responsible to work with Rumpke's maintenance shops to maintain a high level of education and thoroughly train vehicle mechanics. This position is responsible to improve current processes and develop and implement new processes that the mechanics can perform to sustain quality company vehicles, while supporting the policies, goals, and objectives of the company, and maintaining a safe work environment and OSHA compliance.
- Perform all tasks in a safe manner and enforce and comply with all safety standards in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Develop training program for vehicle mechanics to include classroom and hands-on training for repair procedures.
- Effectively deliver training courses via classroom and hands-on environment to vehicle mechanics at all levels to include maintenance specific systems, applications, and procedures.
- Ability to observe and teach new mechanic trainees with little or no maintenance experience.
- Conduct follow-up assessments on mechanics to measure effectiveness of training.
- Identify and implement improvements to training program as well as make recommendations to vendor supplied training, to reflect changes in technology and/or procedures.
- Develop and conduct refresher training courses for the mechanics.
- Attend training sessions and classes provided by manufacturers and experts in the maintenance industry to stay current with the latest technology and repair procedures.
- Develop best practice procedures for major repairs.
- Educate and train vehicle mechanics on new trucks and components.
- Maintain training records in computerized system.
- Ensure technical and/or training manuals are updated to support company specific systems, applications and procedures.
- Understand and implement safe work practices and enforce safety policies and procedures of trainees.
- Maintain all training aids for all trainees.
- Assess trainee performance and progress and recommend additional training if needed.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all maintenance managers in the company.
- Ensure classroom management and enforcement or company policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, effective, and professional learning environment.
- Implement programs and procedures required to ensure compliance related to housekeeping and safety.
- Provide training and presentations in a positive and professional manner.
- Prepare and submit required reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in creating a positive team-oriented environment through employee development and motivation.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, employees and managers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (physical exertions, including but not limited to: standing, sitting, reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing).
- Excellent communication, presentation, and motivational skills to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Must possess a background in electrical, hydraulic, diesel, emission control, drivetrain, automatic transmissions and air brake systems.
- Ability to comprehend and communicate hydraulic and electrical schematics.
- Must have prior management experience with experience in performance management, training, and development.
- Demonstrated ability to perform preventative maintenance and routine repairs.
- Must possess skill in using tools, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles.
- Must have the ability to work effectively with computerized system. Computer proficiency in Windows applications, Microsoft applications, Diagnostic programs in Mack, International, Cat, Allison, Bendix, and Cummins engines; SAP System experiance, a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to train and/or lead people and get results.
- Safety conscious, use of good judgment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and deliver favorable results.
- Willingness to utilize technology to enhance the classroom experience.
- Experience in mechanical assessment and implementing improvement plans.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Minimum 10 years successful experience within the waste industry or vehicles with similar electrical and hydraulic systems.
- Previous management experience.
- Must possess valid driver's license and proof of insurability, CDL preferred.
- Good Driving record, able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Technical School certification preferred.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Office and maintenance shop environment.
- Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a maintenance facility.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website