Outside Sales Representatives are responsible to prospect and generate new commercial business. This position requires cold calling on commercial accounts in the field to generate new contracted permanent commercial sales.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Identifies leads, manages prospects and acquires new business.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of Rumpke's services and pricing structure.
- Determines customer needs and propose appropriate service needs.
- Meets or exceeds the new business sales goals.
- Conducts cold call and prospecting activities that result in scheduled first appointments and follow up appointments with decision makers.
- Prepares and delivers sales proposals/presentations to key decision makers that result in closing the sale.
- Proposes customer solutions that are compliant with appropriate local, state and federal regulations.
- Utilizes the company's Growth Management System (GMS Board) on a daily basis, scheduling and documenting activities, and developing prospective customer profiles.
- Performs data entry to populate electronic sales orders via the Sales Management System (SMS).
- Secures customer signatures on required Customer Service Agreements (unaltered).
- Submits and reviews for accuracy reports and other paperwork in a timely manner and in accordance with Company policy.
- Develops and maintains an awareness of market behavior and competitive trends and respond accordingly.
- Attends meetings regularly with Sales Supervisor to review weekly sales activities, progress on goals, and status of prospective customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience in developing and executing territory sales strategies.
- Possess strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed goals.
- Must present and communicate in a professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be organized with good time management skills.
- Possess proven analytical/problem solving solutions for the customer and the company.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) years outside business-to-business sales with a proven track record of success.
- One (1) year of experience in a customer-facing sales role (business to business).
- Good Driving record; able to meet Rumpke driving qualifications.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Office environment and traveling to and from businesses.
- Prolonged sitting in car or office.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website