Portable Toilet CDL Drivers are responsible for servicing customers' portable restroom(s) on assigned route(s). This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion and entering/exiting the truck approximately 50-150 times per day. Pump truck drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions and unpleasant odors and sights. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Operates truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provides services to customers' portable restroom unit on assigned route(s) by pumping, washing, and restocking units.
- Provides minor repairs to units on route and at facility.
- Delivers and removes of portable restroom units to/from customers.
- Maintains and updates route sheets.
- Conducts pre-trip/post trip inspections and completes logs.
- Maintains and updates drivers log sheets.
- Professionally interacts with internal and external customers.
- Repairs, cleans, and prepares portable restroom units for delivery, as needed.
- Maintains a clean truck.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Previous CDL truck driving experience preferred.
- Ability to pull a trailer preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL, with tanker and air brake endorsements.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to human waste possible.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Licenses & Certifications
- Commercial Drivers Lic
Apply on company website