The recycling driver position is a physically demanding job. Drivers are responsible for servicing assigned route(s) with the collection and hauling of acceptable recycling materials to a recycling plant. This position routinely requires extensive physical exertion (lifting, pushing, and pulling trash receptacles weighing up to 75 pounds each from the ground approximately 300-500 times per day) and entering/exiting the truck approximately 300-500 times per day. Recycling drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions. The hours and physical demand may vary by route or area.
- Operate truck in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide recycling removal services to customers on assigned route(s) by emptying recycling receptacles into truck and hauling to recycling plant.
- Replace recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean up spills and overflows.
- Maintain and update route sheets and maps.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintain a clean truck.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including repetitive lifting, pushing, pulling and climbing).
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Waste or recycling industry experience, a plus.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Must have a valid Driver's License.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial recycling and possibly waste.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions while outside of the vehicle.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website