Scale Operators are responsible for operating the scales and associated computers to record weights of incoming and outgoing vehicles. This position is responsible to record load information into a computerized system and may also collect fees from the customer. The physical demand may vary by location or line of business. The work schedule for this position will be Saturday and Sunday 5:00 PM to 5:00 AM.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Performs all tasks in a safe manner and maintain records in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Operates scale equipment to weigh all incoming and outgoing vehicles and determine appropriate charges.
- Records customer and load information into a computerized system to ensure proper charges to customer.
- Accurately calculates charges for customers based on load weight/size, content, area, etc.
- Receives payment from customers, provide receipts, and document the transaction and materials received into computer system.
- Responds to customer inquiries and provide information relating to proper procedures for facility.
- Balances daily receipts to ensure accurate recordkeeping and appropriate billing.
- Accepts or rejects load based on content to maintain acceptable material standards.
- Performs routine clerical duties.
- Runs and prepares reports as necessary.
- Maintains all paperwork pertaining to the scales/facility.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with all employees, co-workers, and management.
- Peforms other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Ability to communicate via radio/intercom system in a professional manner.
- Basic math skills with the ability to accurately determine charges, receive payment, make change and balance cash receipts daily.
- Ability to handle a heavy volume of work in a professional and efficient manner.
- Must be organized and detail oriented with the ability to multi-task.
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Microsoft applications; AS400, and Lotus Notes applications experience, a plus.
- Must possess excellent customer service and data entry skills.
- General knowledge of office functions.
- Must work efficiently and effectively, both independently and as a team.
- Ability to identify issues, make decisions, and resolve problems.
- Must be able to react well under pressure and treat others with respect.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Waste industry experience preferred.
- Additional skills may be required to perform additional task(s) specific to work location, department or line of business.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals and training.
- Minimum one year experience in office environment.
- Must be able to work flexible schedules including weekends and holidays.
- Office environment.
- Prolonged sitting and repetitive motions performed answering phone and working on computer.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website