Utility Drivers are responsible for servicing customers with the collection and hauling of waste or recycling materials to a disposal site or recycling plant. This position requires the ability to operate various types of trucks and be able to fill in for other drivers. Drivers will service many different routes in various areas and operate different trucks, so excellent driving/maneuvering skills are essential. This position may require driving in congested and/or confined areas. Drivers are exposed to extreme weather conditions.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Operate all trucks in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Provide trash or recycling removal services to customers by emptying trash/recycling containers into truck and hauling to disposal site.
- May be required to pull or push containers from enclosures or inside buildings.
- Provide roll off delivery and removal services to customers on assigned route(s) or by work order.
- Deliver trash or recycling containers as needed.
- Replace trash/recycling receptacles neatly at the curb or designated area.
- Clean up waste spills and overflows.
- Maintain and update route sheets.
- Conduct pre-trip/post trip inspections and complete logs.
- Maintain and update drivers log sheets.
- Professional interaction with internal and external customers.
- Clean waste from the packer blade and truck body.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and understand a map.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including but not limited to sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, climbing, and lifting).
- Ability to drive all types of trucks in fleet.
- Excellent truck driving/maneuvering skills.
- General knowledge of mechanics of trucks.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to be able to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers
- Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, directions, traffic signs, signals, and safety training.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 19 years of age.
- Minimum 3 years CDL truck driving experience, experience driving a variety of trucks preferred.
- Waste industry experience, a plus.
- Must have at least a valid Class B CDL.
- Must have a valid DOT medical card or able to obtain prior to hire.
- Must not have any DUI's or OVI's within the last 5 years or 2 in the last 10 years.
- Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
- No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
- Must be able to produce satisfactory pre-employment drug test and background check results.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Exposure to residential and commercial waste and/or recyclables.
- Possible exposure to high traffic conditions and/or tight driving areas.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature, complexity, and level of work to be performed by employees assigned to this position and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Rumpke Waste and Recycling is committed to equality in all aspects of employment. It is Rumpke's policy to provide equal opportunities to all employees and potential employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status.
Apply on company website