Vehicle Maintenance Supervisors oversee the day-to-day operations of the vehicle maintenance staff at a facility. This position provides leadership and direction to maintenance staff. Supervisors coordinate and supervise maintenance work and repairs, as well as monitor safety, productivity and quality. The hours and physical demand may vary by location.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensures all work performed by staff is completed in a safe manner in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations and company policies.
- Supervises the maintenance staff, including training, scheduling work assignments, performance management, discipline, and authorization of overtime.
- Regularly communicates with management, operations, and others regarding the status of fleet vehicles, containers and/or other equipment.
- Ensures the maintenance department maintains quality and safety standards.
- Ensures maintenance is performed safely, effectively, and expeditiously.
- Performs and monitors vehicle inspections.
- Reviews work orders and ensure parts inventory is maintained.
- Ensures all paperwork in completed accurately and timely.
- Trains and directs employees to improve their overall performance.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by performing and communicating in a manner that promotes good relationships with customers, clients, co-workers, employees, and managers.
- Conducts employee observations to ensure safety and procedures are being followed.
- Preforms road calls to repair vehicles as necessary in the event of vehicle breakdowns.
- Road tests vehicles to determine necessary repair as needed.
- Performs mechanical duties as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
.Requirements and Skills
- Minimum three (3) years performing repairs and maintenance on diesel powered, heavy vehicles, hydraulics, equipment, and related components.
- Management experience preferred.
- Must have waste industry experience.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Experience with maintaining parts inventory
- Familiarity with use of repair manuals, electrical wiring, and schematics necessary to troubleshoot.
- Experience working with welding equipment preferred.
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT.
- Computer skills; working knowledge of Windows applications, AS400, and Lotus Notes applications a plus.
- Must be able to work independently, make decisions, prioritize work, and resolve problems.
Legally eligible to work in the United States.
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must have at least a valid driver's license, CDL preferred.
Must not have any DUI's, within the last 5 years.
Must not have any license suspensions within the last 2 years.
No more than 3 moving violations within the last 2 years.
Must successfully complete pre-employment testing.
Must be able to read and speak the English language well enough to communicate, understand, and respond to questions, instructions, signs, and safety training.
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Exposure to noise, heat, dust, and fumes as found in a repair facility.
Exposure to extreme weather conditions possible.
Exposure to residential and commercial waste.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees, and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or skills required. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Apply on company website