The Senior Network Engineer performs System Engineering, architectural design and validation. He/she will support RWJBH Corporate and Affiliate Business Units in the development and implementation of automated systems. The Senior Network Engineer will install, configure, support and maintain server environments. They will assist in the process of developing, testing and implementing interfaces and technologies.
- Responsible for high level network planning, design and optimization activities.
- Develops strategies and direction for network and related IT infrastructure solutions using current and emerging technologies.
- Participates in, plans and recommends network and related IT technology asset architectures and recommends new/emerging technology for application into the enterprise.
- Provide daily operations support and maintenance for network and related information technology assets.
- Work with management to define the appropriate standards, policies, procedures and technologies to facilitate the management, accountability, functionality, and security of BH network and related technology infrastructure assets and systems.
- Schedule installations and upgrades and maintain them in accordance with established IS policies, procedures and SLAs.
- Act as Lead in the process of developing, testing and implementing interfaces.
- Perform analysis required to define reporting requirements. (e.g., Performance, Capacity, Change management).
- Develop and maintain reports for Corporate and Affiliate entities as required.
- Proactively monitor network and related system information technology assets, assessing and making recommendations for improvement to provide stable, dependable technology asset services and provide ongoing trend analysis.
- Provide customer and peer training on network and related technology infrastructure toolsets, processes and procedures as required.
- Take lead role in projects, architecture and support (Technology Subject Matter Expert, Tier II resource) Storage Resource Management Virtualization System Engineering.
- Demonstrate technically knowledgeable with broad range of communications equipment, tools, and aids to maintain the enterprise network and security, including routers, switches, firewalls, LANs, LWAPP enterprise WLANS, and WANs.
- Available for after hour support.
- Completes monthly accomplishments on time.
- Bachelor s degree preferred. Certification or equivalent may be substituted for a BA degree.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in information technology and Services.
- Experience in health care field helpful, but not required.
- Required: CCNA. Preferred: CCDP
- Will work in an extremely fast-paced and challenging office environment.
- Will be required to travel to and from Saint Barnabas Health Care System Affiliates.
- Must be able to transport information technology related equipment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
Apply on company website