Please Note: The NP is directly employed by the affiliate practice. The NP is not an employee of RWJBH.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is responsible for performing duties independently following established and standardized procedures and methods referring questionable situations to physician. The NP provides primary health care through assessment, diagnosis, clinical judgment and management to restore, maintain and improve the health status of patients. In addition, the NP is responsible for reporting identified safety issues and medical errors.
- Administers injections, immunizations and oral medications, starts IV.
- Assists physician by recording patient progress notes, issues diagnostic orders, and transcribes orders.
- Assists with various counseling and education functions.
- Billing for patient services based on CMS and NJ State Board Regulations.
- Demonstrates satisfactory knowledge and judgment to provide appropriate care for patients.
- Develops plan of care for patients in coordination with multidisciplinary team and completes appropriate reports to physicians and family.
- Documents and maintains patient records of services provided according to facility and nursing standards.
- Establishes a collaborative relationship with other medical providers.
- Examines patients to determine presence of illness, utilizing physical findings, laboratory results, medical history, ascertains nature and extent of illness and prescribes treatments as indicated.
- Interviews, instructs and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention. Instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Issues prescriptions to patients based on Federal & State Regulations.
- Orders and reviews appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Reviews all lab data and documents.
- Participates in the development of protocols.
- Performs and obtains a completed medical history and physical data on patients with appropriate documentation and findings.
- Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
- Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
- Responsible for coordinating nursing and training programs on compliant for policies such as HIPPA, OSHA, Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for maintaining the quality and adequacy of nursing practice.
- Reviews and audits charts routinely.
- Sutures wounds, incise and drains wounds, repairs lacerations.
- Works in collaboration with a physician to diagnose conditions as necessary.
- Bilingual (English-Spanish or Portuguese) required.
- Master s degree in Nursing required.
- Registered Professional Nurse with current NJ state license; CDS and DEA.
- CPR certification.
- NP Certification.
- Three to five years of work experience as a professional nurse.
Practice Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30am - 6:00pm; Saturdays 8:30am - 1:00pm. The NP will work a rotating schedule with the other provider in the office to cover late evening and Saturday hours.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website