Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area, and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to provide leadership, direction, and administration of hospital operations, in order to assure achievement of the organizational goals and objectives, through a commitment to the core values. The incumbent will ensure that Clara Maass Medical Center complies with all applicable policies, laws, and regulations, and be responsible for various administrative aspects of the Hospital and other related entities, while enhancing the quality of patient care and delivering fiscally prudent health care services in meeting the local community needs. He/she will also be accountable for the following duties:
- Work with Executive Management to support the ongoing strategic and operational needs of the organization.
- Promote the Vision and Mission Statement of the Medical Center; participate at Senior Management level in formulating, directing, implementing, and evaluating the general operations of the hospital.
- Collaborate with senior management in the Medical Center s strategic planning process; anticipate forecasting and reporting needs; provide analysis and recommendations.
- Consult with and advise senior management of any problems related to the operations of areas of responsibility.
- Provide and maintain effective communication with the community, medical staff, hospital, and departmental management and staff.
- Effectively allocate and schedule resources; project and appropriately staff the department to effectively function to demand; utilize resources, both labor and non-labor to maximize efficiency and quality; adhere to budgetary guidelines and targets-proactively manages budget variances and causes.
- Plan for the allocation of both human and non-human resources necessary to maintain daily operations; provide and/or support quality patient care services and support teams dedicated to improving organizational performance efforts.
- Interact constructively, tactfully, and diplomatically with others and resolve conflicts effectively; demonstrate cultural competency and ability to maintain a diverse workforce.
- Hold regular meetings to ensure timely and accurate two-way communication between teams, departments, functions, and business entities.
- Participate in the development of department objectives and organizational structure.
- Organize work of the department, allocate and schedule work to be performed, and recommend positions and staffing required.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the department and ensure compliance within.
- Delegate responsibility to alternate management staff, empower to take action to maintain and improve organizational services, yet maintain ultimate accountability for all activity within all reporting departments.
- Complete tasks and assignments in a timely, accurate and efficient manner; remain positive and focused despite obstacles and setbacks; demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing assignments; organize multiple assignments and/or projects simultaneously to accomplish goals.
- Maintain positive relationships with all customers, employee, physician, patient, visitor, and guests; Utilize a variety of feedback to improve processes and services to meet and exceed customer needs; Use sound employee relations practices and maintains high levels of visibility and accessibility; Follow through on all customer requests and inquiries in a timely fashion.
- A minimum of a Bachelor s Degree
- MHA/MBA/MS/MPH in hospital administration, health care administration, or equivalent educational experience.
- Senior management experience in hospital administration with a minimum of ten (10) years of general health care management.
- Five to seven years of progressive management experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and exceptional communication skills both verbal and written, presentation skills.
Apply on company website