The Clinical Data Analyst for the Population Health Department will act in the role of Database Developer and Insights Analyst. Ideal candidate will help develop the overall architecture, design, development, and strategy for building Population Health Analytics databases within the RWJBH data infrastructure. The new team member will help manage healthcare databases including claims and EMR/EHR data which will be used to conduct quantitative analyses on a wide range of health care delivery and quality issues, such as outcomes, utilization, cost, and patient experience metrics. Moreover, the Clinical Data Analyst will quickly learn to gain insight into healthcare trends, predictive modeling methodologies, benchmarking and interpretation of data, innovative payment methods, program evaluation, quality metrics and analytic modeling using a variety of different tools, strategies, algorithms, and programming languages.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
The essential duties and responsibilities of the Senior Clinical Data Analyst for Population Health Analytics include:
- Learn to use Database (DB) developer creating OLAP cubes and OLTP solutions using MS SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS)
- Write SQL/SAS queries for ETL processes
- Assist in testing and maintaining data integrity for multiple databases
- Plan and execute reporting, evaluation, and analytic projects
- Interpret/translate analytic concepts, approaches and results for executive audiences
- Achieve clinical reporting and support of population health management objectives
- Self-driven and work both independently and on multi-disciplinary teams
- Bachelor s degree in software engineering, computer science, economics or other engineering field
- Must have hands-on expertise as DB developer
- 1-3 years designing and execution of Data Warehouse
- Database Management 3-5 years experience in writing stored procedures, functions and views using SQL
- Knowledge of SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS);
- Extensive use of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and SSRS packages
- Analytical, statistics, predictive modelling, and problem solving skills
- Experience using health transaction and survey results databases
- Able to apply statistical, analytic and visualization tools such as R, Python, SAS, and Tableau
- Strength in ETL processes
- Knowledge of healthcare coding systems: CPT4, ICD-10, revenue codes, HCPCs, NDC, and LOINC, and of EMR systems and RHIO data.
- VBA skills, a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral, written communication, and presentation skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
Apply on company website