RWJBH is seeking a Coordinator for our VOCA Grant Department at the New Brunswick campus. This is a full-time, day position (40hours/week).
- The primary purpose of the Violence Intervention Coordinator (VIC) is to provide support and supervision to the Violence Intervention Specialists, assisting in the initial assessment and enrollment of the Trauma patient in the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital-NB Violence Intervention Program HVIP.
- The VIC uses case management and engagement skills to motivate and encourage violently-injured patients enrolled in the HVIP (program participants) to voluntarily access services that will promote positive development and quality of life.
- The VIC s role is to work closely with the multidisciplinary team to ensure that all program participants are receiving the services necessary to meet their needs. This will be accomplished by supervising the day-to-day activities of the Violence Intervention Specialists, while assisting with the development of effective service and safety plans for program participants.
- Minimum of a bachelor s degree required in social work, public health, behavioral health, human services, or related field.
- Experience in a supervisory or managerial role required.
- Must possess the knowledge, skills and experience necessary to perform case management and have at least three (3) years demonstrated experience working with individuals in a case management role.
- Participation in community organizations and firsthand understanding of issues related to community violence
- Must have demonstrated interest in serving victims of violence.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English and have good presentation skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and with individuals of a diverse background.
- Proficient understanding of computer use including software applications and basic internet functions.
- Must be able to work independently and in a team environment and seek guidance when necessary.
- Must have reliable transportation and proof of insurance in order to provide home visitation, accompany participants to appointments and connect with community resources, as needed.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website