Requires preparing and setting up work stations for patient s meal service, cafeteria & special functions; serving food items to patients, employees & visitors; restocking and replenishing items on work stations; using equipment needed for different work stations. Maintain sanitary work environment; clean work stations, wash pots & pans from meal service; deliver tray to patients; pick up dirty trays, strip, load into dish washer& operate machine; receive, store, stock & restock supplies; deliver patient meal truck to patient units. Perform other duties as assigned. Diet aides are cross trained to perform duties of different work stations in the kitchen and cafeteria. There is a daily sheet for diet aides work assignment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
1 year food service experience preferred
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
Needs to read, write and speak and follow verbal & written instructions in English.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made for a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Coordinates all aspects of tray line process for assembly of patient meals, cafeteria meals and obtain supplies from store room, refrigerators and freezers.
2. Set up work station as assigned : for patient meal service line starter station, meal delivery trucks, timers, tray log sheets; salad bar area, grill, beverage area, dish room, cashier.
3. Identify and obtain proper serving/storage utensils.
4. Sets up warmer to assure warm plates and pellets for meals.
5. Take temperature of food & log at the start of line and every 2 hours and assure appropriate temperature of foods & beverages.
6. Follows HACCP and local guidelines for proper handling, serving & storage of food items.
7. Fill/refill condiments, napkins, silverware, cups & other supplies; desserts/ fruits/juices, beverages and supplement.
8. Understands basic concept of dietary restrictions on all therapeutic diets and utilize for tray assembly.
9. Accurately places items on patient meal trays as ordered on meal ticket, using proper food ( regular or modified), using portion controlled serving utensils.
10. Ensures meal cart departure with trays from kitchen within 10 minutes for meal distribution.
11. Transport meal carts to nursing units for timely delivery of meals & communicates with ambassadors.
12. Actively learn to use the kitchen equipment needed to complete job duties and its cleaning and care: telephone, coffee machine, plate warmer, food warmer/microwave, dish machine, slicer, mixing bowls and other.
13. Clean work stations of assigned areas.
14. Follow HACCP and local guidelines for proper handling, storage and serving of food items.
15. As expeditor/ checker - check tray for acceptability of food items by appearance, temperature, smell.
All hourly employees are to work every other weekend
Apply on company website