Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatric, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area, and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned a designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are looking for a Director of Case Management to promote a culture of excellence and drive the department s vision at Clara Maass Medical Center. The incumbent will provide strategic and administrative oversight to the department in the areas of social work, discharge planning, and utilization management. She/He will also help to promote and ensure patient satisfaction while maintaining quality and cost-effective care.
- Serve as a clinical expert to optimize patient outcomes and length of stay metrics for Infant through Geriatric care, all in alignment with best practices, hospital and system priorities, and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor and reduce the length of stay, while maintaining optimal patient outcomes.
- Provide clinical supervision to Case Managers to ensure that Case Management intervention is consistent with department standards of clinical practice.
- Supervise outcomes management, case documentation, and case preparation activities by Case Management staff to assure the timely delivery of Case Management intervention and age-specific needs, i.e. infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric.
- Maintain a positive leadership style with Department Directors to foster problem resolution.
- Adopt Local, State, Federal legislation to the delivery of services and discharge planning activities.
- Satisfy JCAHO, NJSDOH & SS requirements as it pertains to Case Management.
- A Bachelors of Science Degree in Nursing (Required).
- Two or more years of clinical experience in a medical/surgical capacity (Required).
- Two or more years of management experience supervising utilization management/case management and quality assurance from either provider or payer sector (Required).
- Five years of experience in an acute care hospital setting (Required).
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with a vast array of health care providers.
- Significant experience in case management or utilization management.
- An active Nursing license is required, and can work towards obtaining a New Jersey State license.
- Politically astute and able to develop a strong working relationship with direct reports, as well as with individuals with whom collaboration is necessary.
- Able to remain positive and focused despite obstacles and setbacks.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website