This positon is responsible for the implementation of the overall marketing and public relations strategy for RWJUH Hamilton, an RWJBH facility. This includes the development of marketing/communication plans, project management, the creation of internal and external communications, and the site lead for any media relations activities. The director will report to the Vice President of Strategic Marketing & Communications of the Southern region and work closely with his/her colleagues in the Strategic Marketing and Communications Department of RWJBH. The director will also support the internal and external communication needs of the RWJUH Hamilton President and CEO and senior leadership as needed.
- Provide leadership, creative direction and project management of the development of all product line and image advertising/marketing to increase awareness of and preference for RWJUH Hamilton. Develop marketing and communication plans for service lines, special projects and/or special events or initiatives. Collaborate with system hospitals and vendor agencies on the development and execution of system service line campaigns, ensuring budgets are adhered to.
- Serve as chief communicator for hospital working closely with President and CEO, HR and leadership team to craft internal employee messages, leadership messages, speeches, and physician and board messages as needed. Oversee Intranet employee communications. Produce regular employee internal news vehicles. Participates in leadership meetings (i.e. Management Council; etc.) to share updates about marketing/communications projects and as a valued contributor to discussions.
- Guide media relations through targeted public relations efforts for RWJUH Hamilton. Manage and provide counsel for crisis communications issues working closely with RWJBH Corporate Media Relations team and Public Relations agencies as needed. Oversee social media content and reviews on Reputation.com. Responsible for after hours and weekend on call media support.
- Oversee the development of internal and external communications (consumer magazine, brochures, QRGs, etc.) for Hamilton, including photography, video and digital communications, collaborating with various Strategic Marketing & Communications Department team members including the divisions of Creative Services, Website, Social Media, Visual Communications and Digital Marketing team, to produce timely and effective pieces.
- Build relationships with external client contacts/community organizations to raise brand awareness and educate community about hospital services. Support leadership by introducing contacts and providing information as needed for future planning. Works closely with partners at Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey and affiliate RWJBH facilities.
- Eight to ten years of progressive marketing/public relations experience in a hospital/healthcare setting, including managerial /supervisory experience.
- BA/BS in communications, journalism or marketing. Masters Prepared a plus.
- Superior oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in developing, implementing and evaluating strategic marketing plans and opportunities.
- Ability to build internal and external relationships.
- Proven track record in media relations.
- Highly motivated self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced team environment.
- Strong program management skills.
- Superior writing skills.
- Ability to establish and manage vendor and agency relationships.
- Ability to manage staff and work with other team members across all disciplines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
Short & Long Term Disability
Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website