Environmental Services Aide
Toms River, NJ
WHO WE ARE: Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Cleans all patient and non-patient areas of the hospital, and other areas as directed.
- Dust, damp mop, spot clean and disinfect fixtures, furnishings in both patient and non-patient areas.
- Vacuum and spot clean mats and carpets, as assigned.
- Empty, clean and re-line waste baskets. Transport regular and contaminated waste to the utility room.
- Wash and disinfect bed/crib at discharge and prepare bed for new occupant. Follow isolation cleaning procedures when cleaning isolation rooms to prevent the spread of pathogens.
- Clean and disinfect daily bathroom fixtures, mirrors, windows, doors, walls (as far as can be reached) and replenish bathroom supplies if necessary.
- Notifies supervisor when supplies in the Environmental Services storage room are low. Writes work orders when repairs are needed in assigned areas.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition, is responsible for economical use of supplies.
- Enhances professional growth and development by attending inservices, required meetings and other educational program
WHAT MAKES YOU QUALIFIED:
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Job Specific Contacts
Contact with professional and technical staff, patients, visitors and other requiring tact and courtesy.
All areas of the hospital.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
Continual handling of potentially hazardous materials. Must have physical stamina to stand, walk and climb step stools most of the working day. Turns, stoops, crouches and reaches. Considerable lifting and carrying of equipment and objects. Ability to properly use equipment.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website