Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area, and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for an ED Technician to perform a variety of patient care activities and related procedures in caring for the needs of the patients. The incumbent will act as a consultant and resource person and function consistently within the philosophy, goals, and objectives of the Nursing Department, by utilizing a leadership style, which fosters quality patient care, and growth and development of staff. He/She will be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Provide direct physical patient care, while following accepted procedures in accordance with the department-specific skills checklist.
- Welcome patients, visitors, and staff in a warm, friendly manner; is courteous; make eye contact and smile; introduce self by name and, when appropriate, by position; address people by name whenever possible.
- Maintain a clean and safe environment in both patient rooms and nursing work areas ensuring that the department is always regulatory compliant.
- Keep work area safe and clean; keeps hallways clear.
- Anticipate what services and information people need and take action to provide it.
- Be on the alert for clues for patients or visitors requiring assistance. Listen to patients, visitors, and staff and acts promptly to address concerns.
- Obtain and record patient vital signs and weights as delegated by the Registered Nurse.
- Document accurately, completely, and in a timely fashion in the Electronic Medical Record.
- Identify the need to reorder supplies and coordinate with the Unit Secretary or Office Manager following established policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all nursing work areas and patient rooms are adequately stocked including all supply and equipment carts.
- Greet and receive patients presenting to the triage window utilizing the Service Excellence Standards and assist the Registered Nurse with the facilitation of patient flow and room placement.
- Identify changes in patient condition and communicate significant observations to the nurse in a timely fashion.
- Perform 12-lead EKG's and report findings to the Physician.
- Conduct hourly rounds on assigned patients in collaboration with the Registered Nurse.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living and personal hygiene needs.
- Perform phlebotomy on appropriate patients as delegated by the Registered Nurse after successfully completing phlebotomy training.
- Demonstrate compliance with fall prevention protocols.
- Perform glucose monitoring and document results in the patient's medical record.
- Ensure patients are accurately identified utilizing the Safety Absolute of Name and Date of Birth.
- Provide a clear and concise handoff to the oncoming staff member at the end of the shift.
- Provide and participate in post-mortem care.
- Apply remote telemetry boxes to patients as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Assist in the care of patients in restraints as outlined in established policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate safe technique for ambulation, transfers, and use of assistive devices.
- Assist patients with toileting and elimination; deliver, collect, and empty bedpans, urinals, and bedside commodes.
- Function independently with treatments, procedures, and equipment within the parameters of the unit-specific departmental competencies.
- Assist the Physician with preparation and set up for suture repair as outlined in departmental policies and procedures.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website