RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to join their Human Resources Department. The HR Business Partner provides operational and consultative human resources services to staff and management, including recruitment, employee relations, benefits and compensation for assigned departments. Establishes and maintains effective partnering relationships with departments to ensure their goals and objectives related to human resources are achieved. Assists in the delivery of Human Resources services to all customers including human resources staff. The position completes required reporting and oversees onsite programs as applicable. Assists with special projects as required.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with assigned department leadership and employees serving as liaison between these primary customers and the Human Resources Department for all HR needs; serves as resource for employees regarding employment and manages active employee relation issues.
- Ensures follow-up with employees to in-house retention and employee satisfaction.
- Counsels employees regarding interdepartmental transfers, promotional opportunities and continuing education programs.
- Conduct exit interviews and monitors for trends.
- Prepares documents necessary to respond to Peer Review and/or grievances as well as legal and unemployment claims.
- Maintains current knowledge of employment laws and regulatory requirements. Counsels managers and makes recommendations as appropriate to ensure compliance.
- Serves as consultant/mediator for management and staff on issues related to policy and/or union contract interpretation and application; actively participates in finding resolution to actual or potential employee relations problems.
- Functions as the liaison for between assigned departments and Employee Health Services.
- Completes new hire and annual primary sourcing license referencing through VeCred or other primary source agencies as appropriate.
- Prepares all Corporate and Facility reports as required.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s Degree required with a concentration in Human Resources, Business or the Behavioral Science field required. Working knowledge of HRIS and talent management systems. Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferred at a generalist level.
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, time management, interpersonal/problem solving skills; and proven ability to make independent judgments when appropriate.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Apply on company website