Working collaboratively with the other HR Generalists and the HR team, this position is responsible for the recruitment, employee relations, career counseling and compensation for assigned allied health and support departments of the Medical Center which includes several off-site locations. Serves as an internal consultant for the development of staffing and retention programs, employee engagement initiatives and performance management. Facilitates new employee orientation sessions, peer review committee meetings, career fairs and related programs as required.
- Recruits, interviews and on-boards new hires for assigned departments/services.
- Coaches and assists supervisors and managers with employee relations issues ensuring policies, procedures and laws are adhered to; facilitates suspensions, separations, peer reviews and grievances.
- Investigates sexual harassment, workplace environment and discrimination complaints. Prepares accurate and complete documentation; implements timely interventions and monitors outcome.
- Conducts stay ( It s a Date) and exit interviews; monitors metrics including, but not limited to, early service turnover.
- Facilitates new hire orientation and participates in the System s centralized orientation program, Embark Together!
- Assists in the development of training programs for employees and managers.
- Supports management compliance in all areas of employment law.
- Participates in HR projects, interdisciplinary teams/committees and system-wide activities.
- Bachelor s degree in Human Resources, Business or Health Care Administration highly desirable.
- PHR or equivalent as well as experience with collective bargaining agreements preferred.
- A minimum of three years of progressively more responsible generalist experience within an acute-care hospital or health care setting required.
- Current knowledge of labor and employment law as well as hospital-specific regulatory requirements such as TJC, OSHA and Department of Health.
- Ability to travel between multiple sites within the region and state.
- Demonstrated ability to write accurate, complete, clear & concise reports and read, comprehend and interpret complex written material.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems logically and systematically.
- Proven ability to interact & engage personnel at all levels; facilitate and present effectively to small and large groups.
OUR MISSION, VISION & VALUES:
Employees of Saint Barnabas Medical Center are committed to exemplifying the Standards of - Exceptional Communication, Compassionate Care, Outstanding Teamwork, Professional Integrity and Ownership & Accountability - creating an environment of Compassionate Care, Healthcare Excellence and Superior Service (CCHESS) for all that enter our facility. If you share the commitment, dedication and drive meet the CCHESS challenge, we welcome your application.
Since 1865, Saint Barnabas Medical Center (SBMC), located at 94 Old Short Hills Road in Livingston, is New Jersey s oldest nonprofit, nonsectarian hospital. The 597-bed institution is one of the largest health care providers in the state, treating more than 35,500 inpatients and over 84,000 Emergency Department patients each year. The Medical Center and the Saint Barnabas Ambulatory Care Center provide treatment and services for more than 300,000 outpatient visits annually.
The Medical Staff is comprised of more than 1,600 physicians in 100 medical and surgical specialties and there are over 3,400 employees. As a teaching institution, we have nine residency programs and one fellowship in Mammography and a shared Nephrology fellowship with Newark Beth Israel. There are a total of 154 residents and fellows.
Among Saint Barnabas nationally recognized facilities are The Burn Center, the only certified burn treatment facility in the state; the Barnabas Health Care System Renal and Pancreas Transplant Division, one of the most active transplant programs in the country; The Saint Barnabas Heart Centers, a world-class cardiac surgery program in affiliation with Newark Beth Israel Medical Center; The Neurology and Neurosurgery Program which is the only program in New Jersey to be ranked by US News and World Report as a Top Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery. It is led by an unprecedented team of experts dedicated to diagnosing and treating disorders of the brain and nervous system; the Regional Perinatal Center, providing care for high-risk and critically ill infants in New Jersey s leading Level III, a 56-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit; comprehensive Pediatric Services including a dedicated intensive care unit; The Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, designated by the American Society of Bariatric Surgery; a nationally accredited Chest Pain Center, The Center for Sleep Disorders; The Comprehensive Stroke Center at Saint Barnabas; extensive services in robotic and minimally-invasive surgery, The Institute for Reproductive Medicine and Science at Saint Barnabas, the widely recognized assisted reproductive technology program; and comprehensive cancer programs and services that includes one of the largest Radiation Oncology programs in northern New Jersey and a highly-specialized Gastrointestinal Cancer Center of Excellence.
SBMC is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website