The LPN assists the Physician, Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP) and Physicians Assistants (PA) in various aspects of medical treatment and testing. LPN maintains exam rooms and equipment. Assures an orderly flow of patients to be seen by the Physician, NP, and PA. Functions include being part of the patient care team in efforts to achieve goals established for both the individual patient and the clinical service. Is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Administers immunizations, and injections as directed by physician.
- Assists in lab procedures under the supervision of physician and based on training received. Performs laboratory and diagnostic procedures, i.e. venipunctures, urinalysis, glucose and hemoglobin assessments and preparation of lab specimens and forwards to appropriate lab for processing.
- Assists patients any time need is apparent or as directed by the nurse or physician.
- Assists the physician with patients including preparing patients and the examination rooms, taking initial medical history for the chart, taking vital signs, making lab and x-ray appointments, and explaining the preparations to the patients and documenting same.
- Assists with any procedures listed on Orientation Skills Check List that have been taught through formal training or by registered nurse or physician, i.e. ECG, RBS, urine dip stick, peak flow.
- Assists with the preparation of equipment and aids physician during treatment, examination, and testing of patients in accordance with nursing standards.
- Follow-up on patient s calls as directed by physician.
- Gives instructions to patients as instructed by physician, nurse practitioner and physician s assistants regarding medications and treatment instructions.
- Greets patients and escorts patient from reception room to the examination room. Prepares them for physician examination.
- Keeps Medical Records in accordance with procedures and forms.
- Maintains and keeps examination rooms and treatment areas clean, including re-stocking of necessary medical supplies and instruments, washes and dries instruments used, and prepares sterilization as required.
- Observes records and reports patient s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
- Orders, prepares and inspects patient s chart/records. Posts tests and examination results.
- Periodically checks expiration dates on in-house medications and immunizations.
- Provides general nursing care to patients.
- Removes lab reports from printer and attaches to charts for physicians review.
- Reports any Patient complaints and billing concerns to Practice Manager.
- Reports any equipment problems to Practice Manager immediately.
- Screens patients for appropriate information.
- Shares responsibility of the daily office trash removal and general cleanliness.
- High School Diploma or GED required within one (1) year of hire. Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent at time of hire will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program as a condition of employment. New hires will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA. *
- Relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse Certification.
- Valid NJ state license to practice practical nursing.
- BLS Required.
- Bilingual a plus.
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. RWJBarnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website