The Medical Scribe provides Emergency and Hospitalist Medicine Department clinicians with documentation assistance and follow-up on diagnostics/consults/orders, etc. This assistance is crucial in providing clinicians additional time to directly speak to and consult with patients. This is a great opportunity for entry level healthcare professionals to build on medical knowledge and gain invaluable clinical exposure in working alongside numerous MDs, NPs, and PAs.
- Accompany clinicians into patient rooms and transcribe clinician dictations/notes
- Actively listen to all conversations pertaining to patient care between the clinician and other healthcare providers, patients, family, etc. and document relevant information into the EMR
- Document clinician and patient encounters into EMR
- Seek out missing information from clinicians to complete the physician chart
- Gather and input pertinent patient information from external sources (e.g. outpatient lab tests, nursing home/EMS records)
- Place phone calls to PMD offices, pharmacies, etc. as requested by the clinician
- Keep clinicians informed of resulting diagnostics and troubleshoot delays in those results
- Per Diem position with a need for availability to work 2 shifts per month or 24 total for the year that can be worked during the summer and during school breaks
- Availability to work most all shifts: 7a-7p, 7p-7a
- Shifts are 7 days a week - need to also be available for weekend shifts
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required within one (1) year of hire. Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent at time of hire will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program as a condition of employment. New hires will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA. * Bachelor s Degree preferred.
- Completion of science or clinical coursework at the undergraduate level or above required. Work experience in a direct patient care clinical setting may be considered in lieu of science or clinical coursework.
- Work, volunteer, or shadowing experience in the healthcare field required.Experience in a direct patient care environment preferred (e.g. medical scribe, patient care technician, medical assistant, EMT). Must be documented on resume.
- Superb listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, stressful environment
- Ability to type 50 words per minute adjusted for errors
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
We offer a great work environment, flexible hours, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website