Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Mental Health Associate to assist patients with activities of daily living. The incumbent will provide direct care to patients under the supervision of the RN in a safe, therapeutic manner that preserves patient rights, respect and dignity.
- Collect, label and handle specimens.
- Take and record vital signs (T,P.R, B/P) and weights. Reports vital signs out of normal range to RN.
- Assist in identifying the need for crisis intervention.
- Participate in patient/family teaching/reinforcement regarding illness, medication, treatments and coping techniques under the supervision of the RN.
- Oversee and give assistance to patients with personal hygiene, ADL, and recreational activities.
- Assist the RN with:
- Evaluating progress toward goals, and making changes as necessary based on patient need.
- All admissions, discharges, and transfer responsibilities, as assigned.
- Complete Court run for legal process when necessary.
- Contribute to the multidisciplinary treatment plan in discussing patient problems, and treatment plan goals/interventions.
- Correctly comply with all national patient safety goals and risk reduction procedures and associated policies as applicable to scope of practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Fall Prevention Program and follow fall-prevention protocols.
- Document patient response to interventions according to established policy and procedure.
- Observe changes in patient behavior, such as increasing agitation and/or reality detachments, and report to the RN.
- Recognize when a patient may be experiencing pain and report to RN.
- Strong interaction with patient related hospital departments, patients, families, visitors, nursing personnel and medical staff.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Psychology, Social Work or Health Related Field
- BLS Certification, EKG & Phlebotomy validation by the end of Orientation (will be trained)
- Possess a minimum one (1) year experience in training or education in the field of treatment preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience as a Nursing Assistant or Patient Care Technician, EMT, Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, EKG Tech or equivalent; or in a patient care setting is helpful.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website