Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Job SummaryResponsible for the quality of nursing care, the management of personnel and management systems on a specified nursing unit on a 24-hour basis. Essential Job Functions
- Meets expectations of department staff positions as required to meet customer expectations.
- Supports staff and encourages in them a sense of ownership of their work processes. Provides staff the opportunity to provide feedback regarding department and hospital operations.
- Motivates staff to improve their performance, continuously, leading to improved department performance.
- Creates an environment that enables the department to fulfill its mission and meet or exceed its goals.
- Responsible for the operation of their department, and for the measurement, assessment, and continuous improvement of the department s performance.
- All department services are organized, directed, and staffed in keeping with the scope of services offered.
- Ensures that adequate staff, space, equipment, and other resources are available to provide the department s services. Develops and administers department budgets according to hospital guidelines.
- Coordinates the development and implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services to meet customer expectations.
- Maximizes potential of self and subordinates by supporting professional growth and conducting training and orientation sessions.
- Develops and maintains cooperative relationships with colleagues as well as external contacts. Promotes Patient Safety and safe work practices.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited School of Nursing.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing.
- Three years of nursing experience.
- Evidence of leadership ability.
- AHA BLS Provider required
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification or eligible. If not certified at hire, expectation to receive certification within one year of hire (Inpatient only).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website