The Office Supervisor provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. Responsible for overall front office activities including the reception area, mail distribution, purchasing, patient activity, filing, scheduling, answering phones, directing calls to appropriate associates, correspondence and delivery of quality patient services.
The Office Supervisor is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors.
- Assists Practice Manager in preparing bi-weekly payroll sheets and responsible for creating the worksheet in their absence.
- Ensure that the payroll worksheet is sent to Human Resources/Payroll as scheduled to meet payroll deadline.
- Check office and prepare for closing.
- Creates and maintains patients information on medical charts/records and in the computer system, updating patient information, pulling charts/files, attaching reports and places on physician s desk (or other designated area. Files charts and records and maintains a file system necessary for proper organization of work.
- Follow-up on physician s directives regarding patients and office matters.
- Handles disciplinary actions, consulting with Practice Manager and/or Human Resources as per policy.
- Handles patient s requests for medical information, copies of medical records, refills, test results, etc. as instructed by the physician with signature, obtains patient release forms in accordance with patient confidentiality and medical record release policies. File copy in the chart and mail original.
- Maintain daily schedule for physicians and print out daily.
- Performs billing and bookkeeping functions including collecting cash payments, posting and balancing daily sheets of transactions, bank deposits. Prepare past due bill report for collections.
- Prepare charts for next day.
- Records daily office charges, hospital charges, receipts and total number of patients seen. Keeps alert of any credit problems.
- Report any office and/or staff problems or patient complaints to Practice Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring that front office staff are trained, adhere to policies and procedures and that they keep a professional manner with patients, physicians, co-workers, managers, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining calendar to schedule staff coverage for front desk and tracking their PTO time.
- Run patient lists for the night.
- Screen calls; perform appointment scheduling and registration for patients as well as updating demographic information. Follows up on all appointment no shows.
- Sorts and distributes mail and processes forms sent to the office; pulls patient charts and attaches reports, places on physicians desk (or other designated area). Gives all bills and other mail to Practice Manager.
- Type miscellaneous letters, memos, correspondence, forms, and reports. Performs miscellaneous office and clerical work, orders and maintains supplies, sends out faxes as necessary.
- Verifies insurance information. Obtains signature and copies of insurance cards. Receives and records patients co-payments for the visit. Completes referrals forms and obtains precertification/authorizations when required.
Hours: Monday Friday 8:30am 5:00pm. Once every 4 weeks the Office Supervisor will work Wednesday 9:30am 6:00pm. The Office Supervisor may occasionally be asked to cover sister sites in Ocean and Lakewood, NJ.
- Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED). Six (6) months to one (1) year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous office supervisory or managerial experience preferred.
- Prior pediatrics experience required.
- Bilingual a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on company website