Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatric, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by The Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease-Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for an OR Surgical Instrument Coordinator to assist the OR, SDS and other departments by processing and maintaining supplies and equipment (both sterile and unsterile), required for the care diagnosis and treatment of the patient.
- Maintain all cleaning, sterilization and disinfection records as required.
- Assist in the preparation of items needed for next day cases including equipment.
- Process all patient care equipment and perform high-level disinfection of devices.
- Operate and maintain all mechanical equipment including sterilizers, washers, sonic cleaners, etc. within SPD. Report malfunctions of equipment.
- Comply with all safety precautions.
- Prepare forms and track all items received into the department to prevent loss of items.
- Replenish supplies to sterile storage. Examine and rotate sterile supplies and trays for maximum utilization.
- Identify, assemble packages, wraps and sterilize all reusable instruments and technique trays, with 99% accuracy.
- Document all cleaning, sterilization and high-level disinfection processed. Perform quality assurance testing per policy and documents it.
- Manage telephone information requests with courtesy, accuracy, and respect for confidentiality. Stat request are handled appropriately.
- Maintain surgical instruments in good working condition and make sure all instruments are inspected and tested documentation of the testing per policy.
- Process implantable devices, per departmental policy.
- Identify items requiring special cycles/preparation.
- Refer all malfunctioning surgical instrumentation to department head for repair.
- Ensure all devices/instruments processed in timely manner.
- Pick-up of used instruments requiring processing; delivery of sterile instruments to OR or SDS.
- Maintain all areas within Central Services in a safe and clean manner.
- Assist in picking OR and SDS surgical case carts.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Meet with Vendors to maintain proper recording of all loaner s trays entering and exiting the OR/SPD Departments.
- Assist in the maintenance and updates of Preference Cards.
- Communicates with OR staff and physicians to ensure all needs are met for surgical cases/procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A minimum of 2 years experience processing surgical instruments; knowledge of OR instrumentation preferred.
- Sterile Processing certification required upon hire or within 2 years of employment.
- Knowledge of the basic concepts of steam and low temperature gas plasma sterilization, and safety precautions necessary in the operation of the steam and gas plasma sterilizers.
- Recognition of sufficient medical terminology in order to discuss supplies needed for medical and nursing personnel.
- Understanding of the cleaning products and procedures used in SPD, and is able to choose the appropriate cleaning method for each item.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic concepts of Infection Control, and can adapt this knowledge to Sterile Processing procedures. (E.g. CJD, cross contamination).
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website