- Performs all duties related to the pre-registration, registration, and financial clearance processes for all patients (emergency, ambulatory and in-patients).
- Responsible for collecting proper data to insure hospital bills will be paid by a third party payer or the patient.
- Provides front-door customer service to patients and orients patients to the registration/admission process.
- Performs scheduling functions of new and follow-up patients and discharges patients accordingly.
- Responsible for identifying, collecting and reconciling patient liabilities on a routine basis.
- Corresponds with Supervisor/Manager on operational issues as required.
- Minimum 2-3 years in Admitting / Registration or hospital billing experience, or working knowledge of registration, insurance, and billing requirements.
- Possesses background in medical terminology and experience with medical insurance.
- Maintains ability to quickly assess and respond appropriately to emergency situations.
- Detailed and quality oriented with strong problem solving and the judgment to interpret data and take appropriate action in circumstances and situations which vary.
- Equivalent relative experience dealing with the public is required.
This position requires applicants to complete an online questionnaire in order to be considered for this position. You will be receiving an email from email@example.com within 1 hour of submitting your application that contains a link to the questionnaire. Please look for the email, click on the link, and follow the instructions. Please note, if you have already completed the questionnaire within the past six months for another job to which you have applied, you will not receive the e-mail. You only need to complete the questionnaire once within a six-month period.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required within one (1) year of hire.
- Candidates who do not possess a High School Diploma or GED equivalent will be provided the opportunity to enroll in a GED/HSEA program at time of hire as a condition of employment. A hired candidate will be provided one (1) year from date of hire to successfully complete a GED program and obtain their HSEA.
- RWJBarnabas Health is committed to our communities and the members we serve. RWJBH understands that in order to create strong, healthy, and sustainable communities, we have to re-engineer and transform current systems. Providing educational support and resources contributes to our overall social impact mission and community investment efforts.
Newark Beth Israel Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website