RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey, with a service area covering five million people. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, Community Medical Center in Toms River, Jersey City Medical Center in Jersey City, Monmouth Medical Center in Long Branch, Monmouth Medical Center Southern Campus in Lakewood, Newark Beth Israel Medical Center in Newark, RWJUH- New Brunswick, RWJUH- Somerset in Somerville, RWJUH- Hamilton, RWJUH- Rahway and Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston; three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital), a freestanding 100-bed behavioral health center, trauma centers, a satellite emergency department, ambulatory care centers, geriatric centers, the state s largest behavioral health network, comprehensive home care and hospice programs, fitness and wellness centers, retail pharmacy services, a medical group, multi-site imaging centers and an accountable care organization.
Barnabas Health Medical Group is a multispecialty group practice comprised of highly trained and experienced world class primary and specialty care physicians. Barnabas Health Medical Group physicians provide compassionate and innovative cutting-edge care for people at every stage of life at easily accessible facilities conveniently located throughout New Jersey. Backed by the vast continuum of resources of RWJBarnabas Health, the largest not-for-profit integrated health care delivery system in New Jersey and one of the largest in the nation, our dedicated physicians and expertly trained supporting staff continuously strive for clinical excellence.
The Patient Services Representative is responsible for performing administrative and billing duties.
- Check office and prepare for closing.
- Creates and maintains patients information on medical charts/records and in the computer system, updating patient information, pulling charts/files, attaching reports and places on physician s desk (or other designated area. Files charts and records and maintains a file system necessary for proper organization of work.
- Escort patients to the examination room as needed.
- Greets patients and visitors in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Handles patient s requests for medical information, copies of medical records, refills, test results, etc. as instructed by the physician with signature, obtains patient release forms in accordance with patient confidentiality and medical record release policies. File copy in the chart and mail original.
- Maintain daily schedule for physicians and print out daily. Run patient lists for the night. Prepare charts for next day.
- Performs billing and bookkeeping functions including collecting cash payments, posting and balancing daily sheets of transactions, bank deposits. Prepare past due bill report for collections.
- Records daily office charges, hospital charges, receipts and total number of patients seen. Keeps alert of any credit problems.
- Report any equipment problems or patient complaints to Office Manager.
- Screen calls; perform appointment scheduling and registration for patients as well as updating demographic information.
- Follows up on all appointment no shows.
- Sorts and distributes mail and processes forms sent to the office; pulls patient charts and attaches reports, places on physicians desk (or other designated area). Gives all bills and other mail to Office Manager.
- Stock supplies at front desk. Order insurance forms as needed.
- Types miscellaneous letters, memos, correspondence, forms, and reports. Performs miscellaneous office and clerical work, sends out faxes as necessary.
- Verifies insurance information. Obtains signature and copies of insurance cards. Receives and records patients co-payments for the visit. Completes referrals forms and obtains precertification/authorizations when required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Six (6) months to one (1) year of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous medical receptionist experience or background in general office work preferred
- Must be willing and able to float between practice locations in Essex and Hudson Counties.
- Bilingual a plus.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website