*Union County Healthcare Associates is an affiliate of RWJBH. Candidates applying to this position will be employed by the affiliate, not RWJBH*
The Patient Service Representative (PSR) works with the practice physicians, manager, and support staff to ensure patient satisfaction and efficient operations. PSRs prepare for patient visits, triage practice calls, schedules patient appointments, and performs routine clerical tasks. The PSR acts as a practice ambassador contributing to overall patient experience, safety, and privacy.
- Performs patient check-in and check-out functions
- Answers routine questions in person and over the telephone
- Performs basic clerical functions such as copying, scanning, faxing, sorting and distributing mail
- Creates and maintains health record information, files and organizes as needed
- Coordinates with insurance providers and handles pre-authorizations/certifications as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- BLS Certification required. Able to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Previous medical receptionist experience or background in general office, preferred
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the importance of patient satisfaction and safety
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Attention to accuracy and detail
- Able to multitask and work under pressure
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Knowledge of medical terminology and electronic medical record (EMR) systems, preferred
Monday - Friday, 8am 8pm
Saturday and Sunday, 8am 4pm
Full-Time employees work 40 hours/week. Three 12 hour shifts and one weekend shift.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Union County Healthcare Associates provides health benefits, 401k retirement plan, and paid time off plan.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website