The Regional Director of Coding ensures compliance with Federal and State Coding guidelines by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of data for the purpose of maintaining compliance with Federal and State Regulations. The Regional Coding Director oversees all Coders and HIM Chargers for Saint Barnabas Medical Center, RWJ University Hospital Hamilton, and RWJ University Hospital Somerset.
- The Regional Director of Coding will coordinate the timely completion of inpatient and outpatient coding / abstracting and charging, oversee the DNFB, physician query process, and ensure the quality of all coding and charging meets corporate standards
- Oversee all coding / charging functions by establishing policies, procedures, standards and departmental objectives. In addition, will coordinate the day-to-day activities of the Coding/Charging department of all assigned facilities overall
- The Regional Director of Coding will act as a liaison / reference between the Health Information Management Department Coding / Charging Team, the Physicians, Corporate Compliance Department, Local Compliance Officer, Ancillary Departments, Case Management, the Clinical Documentation Department, the CBO, Standards, Patient Accounting, Physician Advisors, Finance, Physicians and Administration at each of the assigned facilities.
- Provides leadership for the Coding / Charging Team
- The Regional Director of Coding is responsible for participating in the selection, testing, implementation, and maintenance of all computer systems involving the HIM Department as it relates to Coding / Charging
- The Regional Director of Coding is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
- Bachelor Degree required; Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management with current RHIA certification preferred. Must have either RHIA or RHIT. Must have three to five years of experience in a managerial position, preferably at a prior large multi-facility healthcare organization
- Must be proactive and able to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced healthcare environment, work well under pressure and have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must possess organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
Apply on company website