The Regional Director of Operations ensures compliance with Federal and State Coding guidelines by ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the medical record for the purpose of maintaining compliance with Federal and State Regulations. He/she will coordinate the timely completion of inpatient and outpatient medical records, merging of medical records, birth and death certificate processes (as they relate to Health Information Management), prepping and scanning, analysis, and release of medical records by establishing policies, procedures, standards and departmental objectives, overseeing all clerical functions.
- Will coordinate the day to day activities of the Clerical Department of all assigned facilities overall
- Act as a liaison / reference between the Health Information Management Department, Clerical Team, the Physicians, Nursing, the Standards Department, the CBO, Corporate Compliance, Ancillary Departments, Case Management, Patient Accounting, Physician Advisors, Risk Management, Corporate Legal, and Administration at each of the assigned facilities
- Provides leadership for the Clerical Team
- The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for participating in the selection, testing, implementation, and maintenance of all computer systems involving the HIM Department
- The Regional Director of Operations is responsible for reporting identified safety issues such as hazardous environments (i.e. damaged floors/walls/ceiling tiles/unsecured areas) and medical errors, etc.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Information Management with current RHIA certification.
- Must have three to five years of experience in a managerial position, preferably at a prior large multi-facility healthcare organization
- Must be proactive and able to prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet established deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced healthcare environment, work well under pressure and have the ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Must possess organizational and planning skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We offer a great work environment, competitive rates and excellent benefits, including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- 401 (k)
- Vacation/Personal/Holiday/Sick Time Off
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Basic Life & Accidental Death Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Care/Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
RWJBarnabas Health is the most comprehensive health care delivery system in New Jersey and the state s second largest private employer with more than 32,000 employees, 9,000 physicians and 1,000 residents and interns. The system includes eleven acute care hospitals, three acute care children s hospitals and a leading pediatric rehabilitation hospital (Children s Specialized Hospital).
Apply on company website