Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by the Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Registered Nurse to provide nursing care in our Behavioral Health Department unit, as directed by medical staff, and in accordance with the objectives, policies and procedures of the hospital and the State Nurse Practice Act. Specifically, the incumbent will use an understanding of the principles of growth and development to assess each patient s age specific needs and provide age specific treatment. In addition, be responsible and accountable for the following duties:
- Perform assessment and reassessment of patients.
- Implement policies and procedures of the hospital and Nursing Department.
- Demonstrate competency in pain management by recording the patient s pain intensity, implementing and evaluating interventions based on the plan of care.
- Assist as directed in PI activities including data collection and analysis.
- Serve as a preceptor to new staff hires.
- Provide patient/family education.
- Participates in discharge planning
- Correctly comply with all national patient safety goals/ risk reduction procedures and associated.
- Proficient in the use of the Fall Prevention Protocol.
- Demonstrates the 4C s of Commitment, Compassion, Competence and Communication.
- Participates in unit Quality Improvement evaluation activities.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
- Current New Jersey R.N. license.
- BLS Health Care Provider course completion status required.
- ACLS Healthcare Provider course completion status required, can be obtained within 12 months of initial assignment.
- Maintain required PALS or ENPC course completion status, can be obtained within 12 months of initial assignment.
- Proficiency in medication administration, including use of 2 patient identifiers.
- knowledgeable of all CMMC documentation tools i.e.: vital sign graphic, nursing notes, restraint flow sheet,
- Maintain a minimum of 8 contact hours of education every 2 years in basic trauma assessment.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website