Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health.
Children's Specialized Hospital is now in its third century of caring for those in need. Our Boards of Trustees, physicians, therapists, nurses, staff, volunteers, and donors remain dedicated to the very ideals of the Hospital's founders and committed to providing the best care possible so that every child who seeks our help reaches their fullest potential.
At 16 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
Job SummaryEvaluate, treat, and care for patients with breathing or other cardiopulmonary disorders. Essential Job Functions
- Must be able to work at any site when needed.
- Demonstrates evidence of use of the Respiratory Therapy within time frames defined by the hospital and departmental policy. Recognizes and accurately identifies obvious patient and family health care needs.
- Plans, implements and evaluates plans of care for patients with a variety of problems. Begins to understand and implement pediatric rehabilitative rationales.
- Implements appropriate and individualized patient and family education within time frames defined by hospital and departmental policies. Begins planning patient and family education.
- Understands the importance of interdisciplinary process. Begins to establish his|her role as a rehab Therapist functioning in a team structure. Promotes continuity of respiratory care and interdisciplinary interventions.
- Demonstrates evidence of the ISTAT blood analysis system and follows all policies and procedures relative to the laboratory.
- Recognizes and respects patient|family rights in a culturally and religiously sensitive environment of care.
- Requests guidance from RCP II, RCP III, Clinical Director and other resources when appropriate.
- Consistently appraises clinical performance and learning needs through self evaluation. Exhibits consistent professional behavior and is accountable for actions with regard to professional issues.
- Serves as a role model to Respiratory students and new employees.
AHA BLS Provider Certification required.
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) if hired after 1/1/2021.License* NJ State License required Education and Experience - Additional Comments* Bachelors of Science degree preferred, Must be a graduate of a Joint Review Committee for Respiratory Therapy Education approved program of respiratory care, and a registered respiratory therapist from the National Board of Respiratory Care. Less than 2 years of experience is appropriate at this level.
Apply on company website