Children s Specialized Hospital is the nation s leading provider of inpatient and outpatient care for children from birth to 21 years of age facing special health challenges from chronic illnesses and complex physical disabilities like brain and spinal cord injuries, to developmental and behavioral issues like autism and mental health. At 13 different New Jersey locations, our pediatric specialists partner with families to make our many innovative therapies and medical treatments more personalized and effective...so children can achieve more of their goals.
The outpatient site scheduling specialist is a critical role at the local level in ensuring patients and families receive optimal service and timely access to care. Provides onsite scheduling, and manages waitlist for multiple disciplines at the local level. Responsible for optimizing booked rates by collaborating directly with onsite leaders and clinical staff to coordinate schedules.
Essential Job Functions
- Works closely onsite with clinicians to manage and optimize access to care for patients and families to achieve optimal booked rates
- Meets regularly with site leaders to manage schedules of clinical staff
- Actively manages waitlist for local sites and, along with PAS Site Manager, provides suggestions to local clinical leaders for needs based on waitlist
- Schedules appointments based on requests from local site clinicians, leaders, and patients and families.
- Ensures accuracy of intake information, inclusive of demographics, insurance information, referrals, and prescriptions, if needed for services line
- Utilizes HRO principles, inclusive of AIDET, Five Tones, and validate and verify to provide excellence in customer service and the patient experience.
- Able to think creatively and proactively while maintaining adherence to guidelines, policy and procedures.
- Actively participates in meetings and huddles with the onsite local teams
- Adheres to the productivity expectations as determined by local PAS Manager and Directors
- Works effectively with others and proactively problem solves
- Other duties as assigned
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred
- Proficiency with internet-based technologies including Microsoft office, data entry, and navigation of multiple applications
- Sensitive to patient confidentiality, and maintains HIPAA compliance
Education and Experience - Additional Comments
High school degree or equivalent
Job Specific Contacts
Daily interactions with patients, families, clinicians, medical and nursing staff.
Typical office environment.
Working Environment - Additional Comments
Distracting, fast-paced work environment.
Job Provides Direction To
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website