Located in Belleville, Clara Maass Medical Center is a facility of RWJBarnabas Health and provides a complete continuum of care to residents of northern New Jersey. With over 700 physicians and 2,100 employees, we offer advanced treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. Our facility includes centers for advanced wound care, sleep disorders, bariatrics, orthopedics cardiac services, cancer care, emergency services, and more. In 2017, the Medical Center completed a state-of-the-art campus expansion featuring a new four-story 87,000 square foot building with a private, 32-bed Intensive Care Unit, new Main Entrance and Lobby, Retail Pharmacy, Patient Registration Area and a recently expanded Emergency Department.
Clara Maass Medical Center has been recognized nationally for its quality and patient safety by Healthgrades and by the Leapfrog Group, having earned its twelfth Grade A in 2019. The Medical Center has received Disease Specific Care Certification from the Joint Commission for Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS), Congestive Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, Knee Replacement, Cardiac Rehabilitation and Advanced Certification in Palliative Care and is listed by the American Hospital Association as one of Healthcare s Most Wired hospitals. In 2018, the Medical Center earned designation in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
We are currently looking for a Secretary to perform a wide range of secretarial duties and coordinate office procedures in support of the Behavioral Health department. The incumbent will provide secretarial and administrative support services, and be responsible and accountable for the following duties.
- Schedule meetings and maintaining files for the Behavioral Health and Mental Health Units.
- Prepare documents for court and making sure they are signed on time by the appropriate Judge on call.
- Update Court Log.
- Prepare correspondence in final form.
- Receive visitors.
- Maintain accurate records in regard to referral, authorization for radiation therapy, office visits, etc.
- Answer phones professionally, record messages and forward calls to appropriate party.
- Schedule appointments, and tests at appropriate facilities according to insurance carrier specifications.
- Prepare charts; accurately enters charges on a daily basis; file patient information in a timely fashion.
- Manage all inquiries, in person and electronic.
- Perform related duties, as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED.
- Prior secretarial experience (1-3years).
- Typing 40 WPM
- Knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and basic computer skills.
- Excellent communications skills and telephone etiquette.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to be flexible working as needed.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website