If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a position using the Career worklet, please review this quick reference guide (https://rydersystems.service-now.com/sys\attachment.do?sys\id=a39f83621bd99050632a4223cd4bcb91) .
You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
The Collections Specialist will work with all levels of the field organizations, Law Department, Collection Agency and outside counsel to mitigate losses, improve days receivables outstanding (DRO) and monies on files escalated from Lease and Rental Collection Areas (e.g., negotiate work-outs/payment plans, reduce exposure through elimination of services and early termination of equipment contracts, make termination decisions and interface with third party collection agencies/attorneys). If a loss occurs or an account files for bankruptcy, this position is responsible for leading all interfaces with the customer until final resolution is achieved (eliminate non-contractual services, obtain additional security, negotiate cures, etc.).
- Negotiate action plans on defaulted/high risk customer accounts with third party collection agencies and attorneys based on the (un)willingness and/or ability to pay COOP in acceptable terms and minimize loss potential. Make settlement decisions on offers from debtors less than full recovery.
- Review and analyze financial and credit bureau data, customer account and collections history and operational reporting (margins, services rendered, specialized equipment) to determine level of risk and strategize collections approach.
- Work with customers and all levels of operational/sales management to mitigate losses, improve receivables metrics (DRO/Bad Debt/dollars past due) and save customer relationships.
- Direct all actions on defaults, terminations and bankruptcies.
- Analyze all available financial/credit/operational data to effectively plan and execute collections strategies.
- Manage documentation and communication interface with third party collections/attorneys in order to effectively pursue write-off accounts and maximize recoveries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management, customers, and attorneys
- Effective negotiation skills
- Effective negotiation skills to drive positive outcomes for the Company (maximize recoveries, minimize losses)
- Understand computer hardware and software, especially word processing, spreadsheets, and email
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Bachelor's degree required in accounting, finance or general business
- Five (5) years or more in commercial collections required
Credit & Collections
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website