You are the driving force behind our company.
Start your career with Ryder today!
Electric Forklift Mechanics , are you innovative, agile, enjoy a challenging work environment, interested in professional/person development and developing others?
Would you like to work for a company whose culture fosters growth and opportunity from within?
How about the opportunity to work with a diverse group of fortune 500 clients and getting to see the impact of your hard work?
If so, this is the career move you've been looking for!
You must be comfortable with fast paced changes and adapt to a rapidly changing client needs. With winning comes additional autonomy to make additional impact on the client and your organizations bottom end. You thrive in a culture where you are responsible for building and machinery maintenance, performance, innovation, success and are most comfortable being responsible for each of them.
- Examine and perform testing on machinery for malfunctions
- Complete preventative machinery maintenance.
- Perform emergency repairs on several varieties of machinery, including conveyors, dock doors, palletizers, wrap machinery, and electric forklifts
- Ability to coordinate with vendors for major repairs
- Communication with all positions on site and our customer
- Forklift maintenance (replace hoses, controllers, etc…)
- General Maintenance i.e.…plumbing and electrical
- Budget management
- Order parts
- Vendor management
- GMP training/engagement with new vendors
Must have experience with a fleet of electric forklifts, electrical, and plumbing repair.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 1st Shift.
- Supervise, coordinate and oversee day to day logistics operations;
- Plan and review, in collaboration with the Logistics Manager, all logistics processes, ensuring that they meet the company standards and customer service specifications
- Establish work schedules and procedures and coordinate activities of the workers to ensure optimal shift/team logistics
- Accountable for site Key Performance Indication (KPI)
- Working in collaboration with customer in all aspect of operations
- Meet regularly with team members collectively, as well as on an individual basis to monitor progress towards meeting objectives, track performance, coach and counsel as well as recognizing team and individual successes
- Cultivate team spirit with a Diversity and Inclusion initiative and promote cooperation by seeking opportunities to improve internal processes
- Carry out performance evaluations of the team members and recommend performance awards and/or merit increases when appropriate
- Address performance problems through corrective action and disciplinary process
- Understand labor agreement and maintain positive labor relations with all employees
- Responsible for implementation of health & safety and security initiatives, practices and behaviors and adherence to company rules and policies
- Provide appropriate orientation for employees and Lead Hands and give them the information, technology and any material necessary to perform their jobs
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Instills commitment to organizational goals
- Strong planning skills
- Results oriented
- Effective leadership skills
- Motivating skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Diverse team environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Possesses a high degree of initiative
- Ability to create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, supervisors)
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- College degree/Technical Certification required in Business, Logistics, Transportation or a related field. Combination of other education and experiences will be considered
- Three (3) years or more supervisory experience in a warehouse environment or in Transportation required
- Three (3) years or more experience in monitoring, evaluating and rewarding employee performance required
- Three (3) years or more experience in performance management taking into account progressive discipline required
- Three (3) years or more experience preparing and conducting meetings (H&S and Employee committee) required
- Three (3) years or more experience investigating and reporting workplace accidents and incidents required
Our people are passionate about what they do, the product they sell, and the customers they serve. If you're looking for an opportunity to be an opportunity to be a part of a work family that values collaboration, innovation and dedication, we're the right company for you.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Ryder operates behind the scenes, managing critical fleet, transportation and supply chain functions for over 50,000 customers, many of which make the products that consumers use every day. When you choose Ryder, you get access to industry-leading technology, one of North America's largest fleet of trucks, an expansive infrastructure of maintenance facilities and warehouses, and some of the most talented people in the industry.
Apply on company website