We are currently hiring an Entry Level Diesel Mechanic in South Bend, IN!
3pm-11:30pm ; Sat 8am-4:30
$325 ANNUAL TOOL BOX ALLOWANCE!!
Can Make Up To $866.80 Weekly after overtime and incentives!
Plus:401(k), Medical Insurance, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Vacation Time (PTO), Paid Holidays, Boot Voucher, PPE, Uniforms, Paid Training, Certification Programs, On-The-Job Training, Discounts on Travel, Wireless Services, Electronics and goods and services!
Paid time off for Covid Vaccinations!
Are you looking for an excellent place to work that offers great pay, benefits and incentives?
Do you want to work on new trucks using state of the art tools?
Do you want a rewarding career with one of the largest transportation companies in the country?
Do you want to work for a Fortune 500 Industry Leader?
If you answered “Yes” to these questions, you've got to check out Ryder!
Call or Text April @ 801-970-5786
For almost 100 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain management solutions that enhance the way they do business. Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and expertise few companies can spare.
We are a Fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and over 40,000 employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our culture.
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you've been looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome opportunities.
The responsibility of the Service Employee I-Regulated is to pump gas, inspect dropped-off vehicles, clean windshields and inside of dropped-off vehicles, and wash trucks.
Under close supervision, this position performs minor routine maintenance and repair services on different types of vehicles.
Works with the assistance of a T2, T3, T4, TIC SS or SM, when performing technical and diagnostic type repairs. Task assignments are directed by shop management to encourage development in a productive manner.
- High Diploma or equivalent
- Post-secondary vocational education strongly preferred
- Must have minimum tool requirement
- Ability to understand and communicate effectively, work shift work/weekend as required, perform all entry level tasks, and demonstrate mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply knowledge of computers
- Some experience in transportation maintenance preferred
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3 years
Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in different locations and/or accounts.
- Performs basic vehicle maintenance
- Performs component identification and minor repairs
- Performs preventive maintenance with training and support
- Performs facility maintenance duties
- Perform all entry level tasks
- Diagnoses minor mechanical and electronic problems, utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Locations US-IN-SOUTH BEND
Posted Date 3 weeks ago (9/2/2022 3:57 PM)
Requisition ID 2022-122566
Category Technicians/Service Employees
Employment Type Regular-Full time
Travel Requirements 0-10%
Position Code 7005
Apply on company website